Thank you for your interest in Birchwood Christian School
Quality Christian education since 1997
2020-2021 School Year Registration
Birchwood Christian School offers 2 separate Preschool classes and Kindergarten. Schedule your private tour where parents and children can
explore our facility and meet with our teachers.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Priority enrollment for returning and alumni families until March 1st .
To enroll your child/children in any of our programs and to ensure your place on the waiting list, please fill out the inquiry form below.
Children enrolled in our two-day program must be three years of age on or before August 31st, 2020 and be self-sufficient at using the bathroom facilities. If you have any questions about school readiness, special needs, or concerns, feel free to contact us.
Visit Our School!
For a facility tour and more information about our programs,
please contact BCS Director: Bonnie Hollingsworth
BonnieH@cordatachurch.org or call 360-733-8860
UPDATE: March 13, 2020
Dear BCS Families,
As we have all witnessed lately, the circumstances surrounding the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak change often and rapidly. The latest recommendation is to now increase opportunities of “social distancing”. Yesterday, only Seattle area school districts were ordered to close to limit the spread of the virus. As of this afternoon, March 13th, Governor Jay Inslee ordered all public and private K-12 schools in Washington State to close for six weeks, starting no later than March 17 (see attached Whatcom County press release). Therefore, beginning Monday, March 16th, Birchwood Christian School will also be closed in coordination with Whatcom County Public schools’ schedules. This means we will not have school from now through Friday, April 24, or until further notice. Hopefully these circumstances and restrictions will change for the better soon.
The BCS staff will be working early next week to determine how we can best continue to support our students’ educational needs and the possibility of childcare. Thank you for your prayers and patience as we plan.
Continue to visit the Whatcom County Health Department’s Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) web page for updated health recommendations and information for our area. https://www.whatcomcounty.us/3329/Novel-Coronavirus-COVID-19
These are challenging times. Our young children are likely to be confused and possibly frightened by these changes in routines, schedules, and by what they overhear. I’ve attached a list of 10 scriptures to conquer fear. I know I need these truths to help me in times like these and I encourage you to share them with your kids. Good reminders that God is still in control.
Thank you for your grace, understanding, and prayers.
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” -John 14:27
Together in Christ,
- Philosophy: Birchwood Christian School is rooted in Christian values. We seek to nurture the spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical growth of young children in a safe and loving environment. Our curriculum is academically rich and spiritually sound. Jesus is the thread that weaves our day together as we explore reading, math, science, and social studies while learning to love God and each other.
- Birchwood Christian School is an Outreach Ministry of Cordata Presbyterian Church (formerly Birchwood Presbyterian Church at Cordata).
- Facility includes child-size classrooms, outdoor playground, full-size gym, kitchen, and state-of-the-art security system.
Preschool Two-Day Program: Teacher Gwyn Fix and Teaching Assistant
- Focus: Laying a social and emotional foundation in a child’s first school experience.
- Days: Tuesday and Thursday
- Time: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Ages: Child must be 3 years of age and toilet trained on or before August 31 of the enrollment year.
- Enrollment: Limited to 16 children
- Non-refundable Registration Fee: $85.00 annually
- Annual Tuition: $1,150.00. May be paid in 10-month installments of $115.00 per month (Aug. 1 – May 1).
Pre-Kindergarten Three-Day Program: Teacher Gwyn Fix and Teaching Assistant
- Focus: Developing each child’s emergent literacy and mathematical skills in preparation for Kindergarten.
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Time: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Ages: Child must be 4 years of age on or before August 31 of enrollment year.
- Enrollment: Limited to 18 children.
- Non-refundable Registration Fee: $85.00 annually
- Annual Tuition: $1,650.00. May be paid in 10-month installments of $165.00 per month (Aug. 1 – May 1).
Kindergarten: Teacher Tammy Lindhout
- Focus: Promoting the intrinsic value and power of learning through all academic fields and providing the tools to become positive members of our greater community.
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Ages: Child must be 5 years of age on or before August 31 of the enrollment year.
- Enrollment: Limited to 12 children.
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $160.00 annually
- Annual Tuition: $3,150.00. May be paid in 10-month installments of $315.00 per month (Aug. 1 – May 1).
- College educated teachers with BA’s in Special Education, Early Childhood Education, and Elementary Education.
- Over 45 combined years of experience, 15 of those years teaching together.
- Participate in yearly professional development opportunities and are CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Teachers have joined with Bellingham and other county school districts to implement David Matteson literacy materials into their classrooms as part of the Washington State Preschool through Third Grade (P-3) alignment requirement.
- Teachers use developmentally appropriate practices and assess using Washington State benchmarks.
Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
Birchwood Christian School admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin, to all rights, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
Interested in learning more about Birchwood Christian School?
Contact Bonnie Hollingsworth, BCS Director and Cordata Pres Children’s Ministry Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-733-8860.